Capstone Asset Management is a Portfolio Manager, Investment Fund Manager and Exempt Market Dealer serving clients in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.
Holding to Biblically informed values, we provide full discretionary investment management and individual investment mandates to high net worth individuals and families, institutions, pensions, foundations, and family offices. We are a boutique firm with over $500 million in assets under management.
Title: Executive Assistant
Reporting to: Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Langley, BC
Summary of Position
The Chief Compliance Officer’s Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational support to the CCO while liaising closely with other team members. This is a central role as the Compliance function interacts with every aspect of the organization. The successful applicant will be a self-starter with a proven record of managing a schedule to firm deadlines, and a team player who aligns with our philosophical values. Capstone offers a competitive salary, a benefits package, generous vacation allowance and a positive, highly collaborative working environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule meetings with strategic partners, service providers, clients and regulators
- Maintain compliance schedule for regulatory and other deadlines
- Drafting correspondence from summary dictation
- Liaison with legal counsel, fund administrators and other service providers
- Produce a variety of reports and statements as requested
- Take notes and/or record and transcribe meetings and conference calls
- Assist in preparing and collating reports
- Prepare and process paperwork related to proprietary funds and other compliance matters
- Prepare and process paperwork related to a small number of client accounts
- Set up and prepare for meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks and special projects
Qualifications & Experience
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn various software resources for report generation and other tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task while remaining organized
- Minimum of 4 years administrative experience, preferably in a financial context
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of investment account types such as RRSPs, RESPs and TFSAs
- Familiarity with industry and service provider software/systems such as Infinite Harmony, SGGG Diamond, NBIN NetRep and iMost, NRD, CSA Registration search tools, etc.
- Canadian Securities Course or similar investment education
- Experience in a Fund Management, IIROC, MFDA or CSA regulated environment
Please forward your résumé and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com. Capstone thanks you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for a PDF version of this posting.