We know you value your privacy and protecting our clients' personal information is an integral part of our corporate values. Capstone Asset Management Inc. is committed to safeguarding this information in an appropriate and professional manner. We understand this is critical for the development of life-long relationships with our clients.
Collection & Use of Personal Information
- We limit the collection of personal information to only that information which is required for the purposes. We may collect and use information in the following circumstances:
- Planning Services: Providing planning services and having the ability to act on behalf of clients requires us to obtain certain personal information. For example, we may collect your name, contact information, date of birth, employment history and information, banking, credit and other financial information, and identification information (such as a Social Insurance Numbers).
- Newsletters: From time to time, we may obtain your consent to send you news and information by email from Capstone. You can opt-out of receiving such email from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in our emails or by contacting us as set out below.
- Careers: We may advertise employment opportunities on our Website. In connection with a job application or related inquiry, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Customer Inquiries & Events: We may also collect personal information when you contact us with a question, comment or request to attend an event. You may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address, and phone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or process your request.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell our clients' personal information.
- Service Providers: We are accountable for protecting personal information held by us or transferred to a third party for processing. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our third party service providers in the United States. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for any other purposes.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Capstone or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Capstone may be required to disclose information to government regulatory authorities, in accordance with applicable laws. Capstone and our service providers may also be required to provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable Canadian, US or other law . We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or as otherwise permitted by law.
Capstone has implemented measures designed to protect personal information in our custody and control. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information.
Capstone will only retain an individual’s personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected or as required by law.
Access to Personal Information
Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary, taking into account its use and the interests of the individual. An individual has the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in his or her personal information subject to legal restrictions. To request access, updating or corrections to your personal information, contact us as set out below. To protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before providing you with access to your personal information.
In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. You may set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Website.
- Tracer Tags & Web Beacons: Some areas of the Website may also use “tracer tag” or “web beacon” technologies. These technologies allow us to understand which pages you visit on our Website. They are also used to help us optimize and tailor our Website for you and other future visitors to our Website.
If you have any questions or complaints about personal information maintained by Capstone Asset Management or if you wish to access, correct or update your personal information, please direct your query to:
Capstone Asset Management Inc.
218 - 20353 64th Avenue
Langley, B.C. V2Y 1N5